Degree course in "Computer Systems and Technologies" (CST)
Over the last 25 years this degree course has provided successful business perspectives in the related market segment
for well over 1500 university graduates; the last five years seeing more than 500 successful graduates. Some of our
degree holders continue their career development in Masters and Ph.D. degree programs in other foreign universities.
Others have found positions in renowned international software and hardware companies Still others have already started
their own businesses in Bulgaria.
The curriculum for CST degree course aims at providing the students with quality instruction and skills which
are necessary for their realization as leading specialists in the constantly renewing theory and practice in computer
systems and technologies. Our graduates are expected to be competent and highly qualified professionals in the field of
software and hardware as well as to be prepared to pursue higher educational degrees.
The study programs are developed to assure advanced level of education and meet the requirements of businesses
involved in the computer industry. Partnerships with universities across Europe encourage academic mobility and exchange
and allow our undergraduates to tune to the latest developments in their fields of study.
Graduate computer engineers have high level of core and general knowledge, which enables them to find professional
realization in executive and leading positions in:
1. Design and development teams, organizations, institutions and companies as system or application software
developers, architects or designers of specific application embedded hardware platforms, wired and wireless systems,
networks and information technologies.
2. Manufacturing and other companies as computer engineers, adopting computer-based information technologies for
management of social, industrial and manufacturing processes.
3. Scientific and research institutions as researchers and developers of computer devices, systems and technologies.
4. High schools, colleges and universities as lecturers and researchers.
5. Working teams and organizations for certification and licensing in computer systems and technologies.
6. Teams for development of international projects in information technologies and computer applications.
Accreditation of the degree course in CST
"Computer Systems and Technologies" (CST) was awarded the highest, that is, very good (9.14 out of 10 points) grade by the National Agency
for Assessment and Accreditation (NAEA) which is valid till 25.09.2021 in Communications and Computing Technology
What is behind this grade?
• High degree of trust in the quality of education conducted at the Department of Computing and technologies at TU-Gabrovo
• Satisfaction from the background given to our graduates which assures successful career prospects
• Evidence for the systematic execution of educational criteria in the years preceding the accreditation.
Which educational degrees are accredited?
• Educational and qualification degree "Professional Bachelor" – very good grade.
• Educational and qualification degree "Bachelor" – very good grade.
• Educational and qualification degree "Master" – very good grade.
• Educational and qualification degree "Doctor" - very good grade for the following scientific fields:
"Computer systems, complexes and networks", "Automation of engineering and systems for automated design",
"Automated systems for data processing and control".
By virtue of these grades the National Evaluation and Accreditation Agency (NEAA) grants the right of the
Technical University of Gabrovo to teach students in the above degree courses and issue legitimate diplomas for
each successful graduate of these courses.